Resume Sample for
Targeting an RN position on a medical-surgical unit within a
progressive medical health center offering broad experience
working in both
hospital and nursing home setting on various units.
Willing to work nights,
weekends, or a flex-shift.
- Dedicated nurse respected by nursing teams as the go-to
RN who shares nursing knowledge and who is always willing
to mentor new nurses.
- Cares deeply for the well-being of patients; proactively
advocates for patient rights and strives to
- Easily manages a heavy patient load; has a reputation
the "energizer bunny" who gets the job done, even
on a long stretch of 12-hour
easily to changing hospital settings and
work schedules. Can be depended on to
fill in for
another nurse at a moment's notice.
- Maintains outstanding clinical and critical thinking
used to provide competent patient care under
stressful medical circumstances.
- Personable with a positive attitude;
with patients, families, and nursing
environment that uplifts patients’
Medical Center, Cedar, LA, 2011 - Present
- Scrub and circulate on all surgical-related
providing pre- and post-operative care in areas of
vascular, neurological, general, plastics,
laser, laparoscopic, and
thoracic, as well as implantation
of morphine pumps and bone growth
- Demonstrate exceptional observation, assessment,
intervention skills while ensuring open lines of
patient, families, and medical
teams in a fast-paced operating room unit.
- Provide in-service education for operating room
members on laser and spine surgery with a focus on
equipment and procedures encompassing
discectomies, fusion with
instrumentation, and bone
grafts in relation to scoliosis, spinal fractures,
Abundant Care Nursing Home, Okenee, LA, 2007 - 2011
- Provide pre- and post operative nursing
8-10 adult and geriatric patients with
injuries and conditions including lumbar laminectomies
and anterior/posterior cervical discectomies.
- Educate patients and their families on disease processes,
medical-surgical procedures and other aspects of
therapeutic regimens, including medication and
pain management techniques.
- Administer oral and intramuscular and
- Recommended and implemented changes to the
Medical unit regarding assignment delegation and
prioritization, resulting in a higher standard of
care, and reassessed/revised plan of care.
Good Samaritan Hospital, Tynes, LA, 2003 - 2007
Staff Nurse, Medical-Surgical Unit
- Provided direct patient care to pre- and
- Safely administered medications, and
and their families on the proper use of
and orthopedic equipment with a focus on
pain management techniques.
- Collaborated effectively with an
of medical and health care
professionals comprised of
a physician, nurse manager,
dietician, social worker,
case manager, and physical
- Precepted staff nurses in areas of patient
and procedures with demonstrated leadership
Community Hospital, Victor Town, LA, 2001 - 2003
Licensed Practical Nurse
- Performed neurological testing to check
- Reviewed computerized laboratory test
post dialysis, colonoscopies, ERCP, and
- Provided a broad range of general nursing
in areas of vital signs, EKG, phlebotomy,
feeding tubes, IV and central lines.
- Prioritized and delegated assignments,
to a higher standard of patient care and staff
- Monitored patients’ PPT/INR levels to
identify the need
for anticoagulant therapy, and for potential
of medications demonstrating strong observation,
assessment, and intervention skills.
Cornerstone University, Braunson,
Bachelor of Nursing, 2003
Cypress Community College, Braunson, LA
Licensed Practical Nurse Certificate Program, 2003
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
Nurse License #000001-55
Licensed Practical Nursing License