ELEMENTARY EDUCATION TEACHER
Ohio State Permanent Certification to teach Elementary Education, Grades
Cleveland State University, Cleveland, OH
Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education, 2007
Jackson Elementary Education School, Cleveland, OH
2011 - Present
Fourth Grade Teacher - On Tenure Track
- Expand the range of learning through whole class,
individual, and small group instruction, cooperative education.
- Teach integrated lessons across all subject areas that
enable students to make connections between real-world issues and
diversified course material.
- Utilize the strategies of Reading and Writing
Workshops to develop students reading and writing skills as part of a Direct a Balanced Literacy Program.
- Employ the use of multiple teaching methodologies
and adapt learning materials to meet each student's unique learning ability
- Teach math
concepts using challenging graphing and charting exercises.
- Integrate technology into the learning process with
computer lab and online lessons.
- Evaluate, test, and grade to measure progress and
identify learning issues.
- Coordinate Parent-Teacher Conferences and Meet the
Elementary Education School, Cleveland, OH
2008 - 2011
First Grade Teacher
- Maintained a visually stimulating classroom setting
that implemented children's artwork, essays, and top-graded tests, as well
as letters, numbers, animals, and maps.
- Made learning exciting through lesson plans that
covered various areas of a broad curriculum in order to challenge the creative and critical
- Create a learning environment where children learned
through play, socializing, homework, and group projects, and acclimated to
- Communicate students’ academic/ social growth and
achievement with parents.
- Exercised a firm and caring approach towards
discipline that has proven effective in managing a classroom.
- Participated in district meetings, PTA meetings, and
Microsoft Office and a broad range of
educational software and online programs